- Information Collected - Premier Health Plan's Web site collects no information that could be used to identify you (information revealing your identity as a visitor, which is called "Personally Identifiable Information") unless you knowingly and willingly provide it to us. This means that you can visit the Web site without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. If, however, you choose to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information, then we will not disclose it to anyone outside Premier Health Plan, its parent and affiliated companies, unless you specifically authorize it or such disclosure is required either by law or to protect the safety or security of our customers, employees or property, or such disclosure relates to health information disclosed to carry out health care and payment operations, and for other purposes that are permitted or required by law.
- Collection of Personally Identifiable Information - In order to access certain services and restricted areas within the Website or to respond to specific inquiries, Premier Health Plan requires that you provide Personally Identifiable Information. This information may include, without limitation, your legal name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, subscriber name or "screen name," and password used to access the services. Premier Health Plan may also collect the email addresses of visitors that communicate with Premier Health Plan via email; information provided by the visitor in online forums, registration forms, surveys, e-mail messages, and other online features (including demographic and personal profile data); and visitor-specific information about the pages on this site that our visitors access. Premier Health Plan reserves the right to request any additional information necessary to establish and maintain your account for use of the services and access to the restricted areas.
- How We Use the Information - Personally Identifiable Information collected when you visit this Website will not be shared with or otherwise disclosed to anyone outside the family of companies to which Premier Health Plan belongs (see About Us) without your consent unless we are required to disclose the information by law, regulation or court order, or such disclosure relates to health information disclosed to carry out health care and payment operations, and for other purposes that are permitted or required by law. Personally Identifiable Information you provide to Premier Health Plan via this Website will only be used for the express purpose of your disclosure to us, except as otherwise described herein.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information collected when you use this Website may be used for internal review purposes in the aggregate, including measuring and monitoring the use of our Website, diagnosing problems with our server, and administering our Website.
- No Absolute Security of Information Transmitted Via the Internet - Premier Health Plan has implemented security features to help prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information that has been received via this Website. Please be advised, however, that the confidentiality of any communication, information or other material transmitted to or from Premier Health Plan via this site or e-mail cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, Premier Health Plan is not responsible for the security or confidentiality of information being transmitted via the Internet, the World Wide Web or other global computer networks. Premier Health Plan will have no liability for disclosures of Personally Identifiable Information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
- Premier Health Plan's Right to Contact User - Premier Health Plan may contact site visitors who provide Premier Health Plan Personally Identifiable Information regarding prescription drug benefit coverage provided by a health plan to which Premier Health Plan provides pharmacy benefit management services.
- Protecting Children Online - We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of all of our customers, including minors. Children under the age of 13 can access our Web sites as guests. If they wish to use features on our Web sites, we require that they do so with the permission of their legal guardian. We will not knowingly collect or use any personal information regarding a user under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
- Use of Aggregated Information - Premier Health Plan reserves the right to disclose to third parties information about usage of the Web site and any related services, including information gathered during your use of the Web site. Any information disclosed for this purpose will be in the form of aggregated data (such as overall patterns or demographic reports) that does not describe or identify any individual user.
- Protection of Member Health Information - If you are a member of a health plan for which Premier Health Plan provides pharmacy benefit management services (and not someone who visits the Website only for informational purposes), then it is possible that you may also provide us with Personally Identifiable Information that constitutes health information protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA"). Premier Health Plan is a product of Excellus Health Plan, Inc., which is a Covered Entity under HIPAA. Accordingly, Premier Health Plan is covered by (and complies with) the Notice of Privacy Practices of Excellus BlueCross BlueShield and Univera Healthcare respecting the use and disclosure of members' health information for each health plan. These notices explain how we may use and disclose health information to carry out payment and health care operations and for other purposes that are permitted or required by law. "Health information" that is protected under HIPAA by health plans ("Protected Health Information") generally means claims information and any other information that relates to an individual's past, present or future physical or mental health. These notices on privacy practices respecting Protected Health Information are available from Excellus BlueCross BlueShield and Univera Healthcare on their respective web sites at www.excellusbcbs.com and www.univerahealthcare.com